Thursday, October 2, 2008

Children

Today I was reminded by my mother that she was younger than me when she had me. HINT HINT.

My mother is usually a most excellent mother, and I love her. I have always been confused by the plethora of shows, books, and movies that discuss the fraught relationships between mothers and daughters. I mean seriously, what the heck? I never related to Amy Tan books, nor the relationship between Calista Flockhard and Sally Field in "Brothers and Sisters" and other such things, where daughters are annoyed at their mothers who really just want the best for them but are just annoying in how they do it, and they have periodic heart to hearts where they decide they actually love each other. BARF.

But anyway, this is the first time my mom has done anything stereotypical in this regard, by having a veiled hint for "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW US ONE OF THESE?"



My sister and I had a good laugh about it. I'm sorry Mom, you're just going to have to wait!!

No comments: