Thursday, February 26, 2009

worst...apology...ever

From Bishop Williamson, via Reuters:
I can truthfully say that I regret having made such remarks, and that if I had known beforehand the full harm and hurt to which they would give rise, especially to the Church, but also to survivors and relatives of victims of injustice under the Third Reich, I would not have made them," Williamson said, according to the website of Zenit, a Catholic news agency.

He's sorry he hurt the Church, first and foremost?  That is not an apology.  What a scumbag.  Reason # 53728341937439183473819 why I could never join the Catholic Church.  Besides the fact that I don't believe Jesus is my savior, of course.

6 comments:

Nicky said...

"I regret that some people used my words to get angry at the Church. I don't regret saying it... I just regret that some of you people took it the wrong way."

Gail Carmichael said...

Pretty much my whole family is Catholic. This guy is ridiculous! No apology is enough. He needs to go.

Hermitage said...

Shouldn't you be sorry to God first? Or something? Maybe my heathen paganistic ass got it wrong or something...

chall said...

Of course you are sorry for hurting the Church... they are thaught that, first and foremost.

Oh wait, I should not go into the bashing the Catholic Church and especially not in Lent. Sorry. But I find it interesting that he could rise so high without this ever being mentioned before.....

Gail Carmichael said...

Actually, he was kicked out previously for some other reason, and let back in without the Pope knowing about his views on the Holocaust. I wonder if they'll kick him out again like they should...

And about bashing the Catholic (or any) church - I'd think most reasonable people wouldn't be upset with critical observations, especially if the person making them in respectful :)

PhizzleDizzle said...

I also wonder what will happen to this guy now....Certainly he should not be a Bishop or any person in a position of power within the Church. If he's sorry for hurting the Church, his best move is to leave it....he's making it look REALLY bad for non-believers like me and pissing off the faithful as well.