I've fucking sliced each of my hands with a kitchen knife in the last 3 days. One slice on my left, one on my right. One during cook prep, and another when washing. Both careless. Fortunately, I'll live, but I RARELY cut myself. The first could have been avoided with a sharper knife (it slipped), and the second I guess I'm glad it wasn't super sharp because then I would have lost my thumb. Bah.
However, currently I am listening to Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin and that makes everything better. Chopin was such a fucking rockstar. I love that shit.
I was going to end my post here, but I've decided to continue. I've had a kind of relaxing few days, Mr. Phizz has gone to see his dad and I'm at home. I've worked, vegged, worked, and am even Roomba-ing the family room floor. I'm going to make a list of the things that have made me feel better in the last day or two.
- Popcorn. I popped my own popcorn, and it was nice. I didn't have brewer's yeast (sorry AA!) but I did manage to pop it myself and it was nice.
- Making my own potato wedges with cheese and chives. Man, that was nice too. I don't understand how I'm not fat. Oh well.
- Watching Harry Potter on TV. I loved Harry Potter. The books so much more than the movies, but still. Emma Watson was such a remarkable find, in my mind. She was a freakin' adorable little girl, and she's just...got a presence. I couldn't keep my eyes off that smarty-pants clever chick, she kicks ass! It made me want to read my books all over again, but I know that's a Very Bad Idea. I basically wouldn't do anything but read for the next week. That would be bad.
- Piano music by Frederic Chopin. Like I said, Chopin is a fucking rockstar.
- Our Roomba. Thank you Roomba, for vacuuming.
- Hot Tea.
- Hot showers.
- Coffee, sipped at leisure.
- Stephen Colbert.
- Jon Stewart.
If you ever need to take a breather, I suggest all of these things.