Monday, September 15, 2008

Michael Phelps on SNL

I watched Fishie McSwimFast on SNL off TiVO yesterday and discovered that he is not very funny. Which is ok. If he were hilariously funny, there would be even more reason to be totally in awe of him. As it turns out, in terms of comedy he's totally mortal. For most of the skits, you could remove him and put Joe Schmoe in there and it would be the same. Except for the last one, about his diet, which I found funny, except that he flubbed his lines a few times.

On the other hand, a few weeks ago I watched Brian Williams (the NBC news anchor) on SNL on a replay, and he was frickin awesome. He was so funny that I honestly thought he could be an actor. I suppose being used to being on camera helps, but he really was hilarious. And the humor was largely self-deprecating, which I always like. I really like Brian Williams. If I watch the news, I like to watch Brian. Plus he kinda reminds me of Pierce Brosnan, who I used to have a bit of a crush on when he was Bond.

No comments: