Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ivy League Fun

I must admit that I went to an Ivy League University. Despite all that connotes, I enjoyed my time there and I did not meet any fabulously rich people because I was an engineer. All the rich kids were either rebellious Art History majors who smoked a lot of weed or Economics majors and wore pearls and Burberry headbands. I, on the other hand, was in the engineering building. Like, all the time. Rich kids don't become engineers, it's too much work!

Anyway, as a result I read IvyGate, a blog devoted to all things Ivy League with a very tongue-in-cheek attitude. I like it.

This following post led me to discover the hilarious antics of a Dartmouth student group called "DYE" - Dartmouth Yale Enthusiasts, all of whom purportedly applied to Yale and were rejected, and were thus forced to go to Dartmouth - at least until their transfer applications go through. I won't ruin it, but check it out. These kids are seriously funny. There is even a very funny Brown joke involved.

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa Simpson fails a test because she has become addicted to Bart's video games, and various administrators from Harvard storm into the room and tell her she will now never be admitted into the hallowed halls of Harvard University...but she will still be able to get into 2nd tier Ivys like.....Brown.

Anyhoo, here's a link to the IvyGate post.

No comments: