Saturday, November 1, 2008

Catalog Choice

Today I would like to talk about a website discovery I have enjoyed and actually find very useful. Because of my generous and magnanimous nature, I will share, aren't I kind?? :):)

Do you ever start getting catalogs, for some unknown reason, and then they just won't stop? And you don't know how to make them stop? And if offends your sensibilities that you might have to pick up the phone and call someone to make them stop sending you something you never even wanted? And you're not even sure who to call because they don't list that information on the catalog? And it drives you CRAZY that all this paper is being WASTED for something you don't even want?????

Well, Catalog Choice is a site that aggregates lots and lots of catalogs together and provides a one-stop-shop for opting out of receiving paper wasters. Sign up for an account and then you can just pick and choose who to opt out of, and they will handle the rest.

Through this site, I was able to stop getting catalogs from:
  • Dell
  • L.L. Bean
  • Sierra Trading Post
  • Crate and Barrel
It's a beautiful thing.

You're welcome :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's Great!!

Except I couldn't get the link to work.
Will try Googling it.
Seems like with the holidays approaching stupid irrelevant catalogs are increasing exponentially. I recycle them but every time I open the mailbox I can hear screaming trees.

PhizzleDizzle said...

OOOPS! I fixed the link.

You'd think the databases would be smart enough to not send duplicate copies to the exact same address too - we would get TWO sierra trading posts and TWO crate and barrels....seems like a ridiculously trivial problem, and yet they keep doing it!

Anyway, hope you like :).