Saturday, May 16, 2009

Doing the Bullet Thing

  • I leave TODAY!!!!!!!!!! (corollary: AAAAAAAAAH) (2nd: corollary - also excited!)
  • I found out yesterday a girl I knew from my hometown just lost her newborn preemie, after one month. That....floored me. At that very moment I was looking outside my window into the park nearby and there were no less than 4 young mothers with their small children outside playing, and my heart ached for this girl.
  • The older I get, the more I realize how cruel the world can be. Somehow I managed to be shielded from tragedy my entire life until the last several years.

4 comments:

PhysioProf said...

Good luck on starting an exciting new phase of your career!

Alyssa said...

That is incredibly heart breaking :( I couldn't even begin to imagine how she much feel.

On a more positive note, good luck with your internship! I hope you intend to keep blogging while there!

ScientistMother said...

I'm sorry about your friend.

And on the brighter side, good luck with the internship.

blank said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It's true that the world really can be a very cruel place.

Carrying on from the reply you wrote to my last comment-six hours by plane!! That is incomprehensible to my little Irish self. Our island is so teeny! It'll be hard, but as long as you are both willing to make an effort, it will be ok.

Word of advice-try to keep in mind that while you are in a new city, with a shiney new job and lots of excitement, Mr. Phizz is in regular city, with same old job and same old life. I know a couple where that notion was forgotten, and it didn't work out well...

Hope you are settling in well!